Sandstone / Natural Stone Sealer - 'WET LOOK' finish
Smartseal Natural Stone Sealer WET LOOK is a water-based protective sealer that creates a durable, clear silk/satin finish. It can be used on internal and external surfaces made from sandstone, slate, terracotta, quarry and Victorian tiles, brick pavers and any textured stone or masonry surfaces.
The wet look natural stone sealer is a multiple coat sealer - the more coats applied, the glossier it gets.
Smartseal Natural Stone Sealer WET LOOK is rapid drying and very easy to apply. It will provide protection to the applied surface against oil and water-based stains.
NOT RECOMMEND FOR USE ON HIGHLY POLISHED STONE & CERAMIC GLAZED SURFACES.
- IDEAL FOR SLATE, TERRACOTTA AND NATURAL STONE
- PROVIDES A SILK/SATIN OR WET LOOK FINISH TO SLATE & TERRACOTTA
- OK FOR ROUGH AND ABSORBENT SURFACES
- GIVES A COLOUR ENHANCING 'WET LOOK' EFFECT
- CAN BE USED INDOORS OR OUTDOORS
- MULTIPLE COAT APPLICATION
Up to 15m2 per litre depending on the texture and porosity of the surface being sealed.
1. Prior to application make sure the surface being sealed is completely dry, clean and free from any dirt or dust. For best cleaning results use Patio Clean Xtreme. Ensure temperatures are above 15°C, ensuring the surface is completely dry, clean and free from debris. Please check that no rain is forecast for at least 8 hours.
**If applied to a surface where a "sweep-in" pointing compound has been used with the last 6 months, the natural stone must be fully cleaned with Smartseal Residue Remover prior to sealant application.**
2. Apply the sealer thinly and evenly with a low pressure sprayer, microfibre mop, paint brush or soft cloth. Try not to leave application marks or allow the product to 'pool' or 'puddle' on the surface immediately after application. In the event of over application please ensure all excess is removed within 45 minutes of applying.
3. Once applied, allow approximately 45-60 minutes drying time before applying the second coat. After 45-60 minutes, repeat the process and apply the product in the opposite direction to try to achieve an even finish. Multiple coats can be applied to achieve the desired finish.
*Important Note: Any areas nearby that are not being sealed should be protected with masking materials. If you are sealing over coloured grouts, carry out that a stain test before proceeding.