Penetrating damp proofing cream for waterproofing brickwork and masonry
Questions & Answers
Climashield Masonry Protection Cream is a VOC free, water based, protective treatment specially formulated to create strong waterproofing properties on brickwork, masonry and render. The deeply penetrating Masonry Cream is a very effective damp proofer and brick sealer that forms a strong barrier against penetrating damp.
- Highly-Effective Damp-Proofer
- Dry, "Invisible" Finish
- Leaves Walls Breathable
- Coverage ratio: 5 m² per litre is recommended on standard brickwork
- Can be painted over with a specialist silicate-based masonry paint (such as Seciltek & Earthborn paints) once the Masonry Cream has sufficiently cured (7 days recommended).
- Can be used on softwood,such as pine. Its penetration is not as good as on Masonry but it does work as a water repellent. Not recommended for hardwood, such as oak, teak & mahogany.
- The substrate must be dry prior to application, otherwise this will present a barrier to the Masonry Cream soaking into the surface.
- Minimum application temperature: 10°C
- The waterproofing masonry sealer will last up to 25 years
- NOT suitable for use over K Rend or Monocouche render systems
In a storm dry walls are essential if you want to avoid water ingress and long term damp. The Masonry Protection Cream provides long lasting protection from water penetration and the spread of damp in masonry and brickwork by filling the porous voids within the substrate without blocking them. This allows the masonry to release trapped moisture and to 'breathe', preventing moisture build up.
Unlike waterproof paints and waterproof coatings that are available in DIY stores our protective cream is far more effective and lasts much longer. It will also retain the original dry appearance of the substrate so it is ideally suited for application to brickwork, stonework and most forms of unprotected masonry.
This highly effective damp proofing system will also provide a highly effective additional barrier to flooding as part of any existing flood protection system.
Dry damp proof walls will also increase the thermal efficiency of a property. This can produce energy savings from an average of 6% to as much as 29%, if used in conjunction with other green deal systems.
Viscous cream based on Advanced Silane/Siloxane chemistry.
For best results, one heavy application of ClimashieldTM Masonry Cream on standard brickwork at 5 m² per litre is recommended. On dense, less absorbent brickwork or render, coverage can be increased by up to 10 m² per litre.
Store the product in a cool, dark place to prevent contamination when bacteria or fungal spores carried by air. Only open containers to remove the amount of product required and then close the lid once the product has been taken out. Once the containers have been opened, use up the complete contents as quickly as possible.
Can be applied by roller or paint brush. Due to its high viscosity, a simple, drip and run free application is possible. In general, only one heavy application is required. The cream will penetrate and absorb into the substrate within 30 minutes to several hours, depending on surface porosity. Once dry, the brickwork or masonry will be left with a dry/invisible finish.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
Technical data sheets and application information available upon request.